Settings :
Location : Dinner table at the xxx technology building
Time : 7.00p.m.
Case : The 'security' team was having dinner
En John Doe : Honestly, I’m very frustrated with the system here in xxx.. I’ve been here for ----- months and until today, I’m still not given a proper class…
Mat Skodeng 1 : XXX memang macam itu…..Pn. A tak ajar dalam kelas pun…..bila tiba exam saje, dia bagi nota.. Suruh kita orang hafal…….setiap sem pun macam itu……
En. John Doe : Oh…Pn. A is very sly. You know what, when I first came to xxx, she gave me part of her class for me to teach. It was a grammar class for the xxx students. When I went to see En. X about it, he said its best for me to ‘familiarize’ with the surroundings first. I thought it was okay for awhile but guess what?…after ----months, I’m still ‘familiarizing’ with the surroundings !!! Pn. A conveniently ‘lepas tangan’ her classes on my hands…….. Aihhhh……
lXl : aha…nothing surprising la…
En. John Doe : ah..one more thing, xxx does not have a fixed syllabus. Whatever course guidelines they gave out earlier in the semester does not constitute to anything. You know, its like after learning on constructing short sentences, it should be constructing short paragraphs.. But in xxx, its not that way…they just kelentong….and the books, its up to the lecturers to decide. For Pn. A’s class which I taught, all the students were forced to buy some constructing sentences book. That one standard One kids also can do laa….
With a jest, En. John Doe ++======== a car==========Pn. A======== censored (sorry guys !! )
lXl noticed that the caterers were listening to our conversation ……but we shall not venture that far into what happened between them After some cooling down,
En. John Doe : yada yada yada…..I know that these lecturers in xxx say yada yada yada……… but they do not do whatever they’ve preach !!! I can assure you that …. Xxx was actually under pressure by their bosses as they were not contributing anything to them. that’s why they need to get the tender for Funtion Y. I don’t think there was any tender at all. Anyway, their leadership in xxx is ‘lembik’ and it seems Pn. A is the de facto leader in xxx and not En. X. Ya, En. X told me before that he is bringing in people like me to counter Pn. A’s decision to bring in more lady lecturers into xxx….like Cik Q etc yada yada yada …..
lXl : what about function Y’s budget? En. A told me last week that RM 60k will be use in this week.
En John Doe : aha…its not possible…60k is too little….its around 100 - 150 k for this function. Look, like I said earlier, xxx does not do what they preached. It all looks good on paper only. But behind the scenes, ah anything can happen. For Function Y, the bosses have given the allocation. Its up to xxx to use that money yada yada yada…….
Mat Skodeng 2 : biasalar…..Pn. A itu dah kaya….
En. John Doe : ah…about money…even En. B who suppose to teach Golf for xxx is earning 11k a month. He drives a Volvo…imagine that………………………………......
To Be Continued : Part 6 - CodeTOTpm2ndB
Addendum :
What is Golf ? :
From the Dutch word "kolf", meaning club, is a game first played in Scotland in 1400‘s, where each player has to hit his own small ball into a hole using various types of clubs.
What is Volvo ? :
Swedish Carmaker


Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Part 5 - CodeTOTpm2nd A110707
Derived by
lXl
at
12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment